Improving the wellbeing of women
Our Women Together project provides wrap around support for over 200 women and girls every year.Get Help
What we do
- One-to-one counselling delivered by female counsellors, with the use of interpreters if needed (please note: at the moment, we are unable to offer services in translation).
- Weekly nurturing group sessions with childcare provision.
- Skills training
- Summer activities for mothers and their children.
- Improve the quality of life for migrant women* and girls affected by all kinds of gender-based abuse.
- Increasing independence – helping women out of abusive relationships, stay resilient through new challenges and self-advocate when accessing services
- Support women to achieve better mental and physical health
- Empower the migrant women and equip them with social and communication skills.
*LRMN values inclusion, so when we refer to “women”, we are referring to any person who identifies as a woman.
“I contacted LRMN in January 2019 because of my accommodation problem. And then one woman told me about the women’s group. I was reluctant at first. But when I joined the group, I found it so lovely! Meeting other women with similar issues like me helps forget all my troubles! The group is so impartial.”
Women Together member
If you are in immediate risk, please call the police on 999 (24 hours). If you are afraid to speak then make yourself heard through coughing or tapping, or by pressing 55 when you are prompted to.
You can also call the National Domestic Abuse hotline on 0808 2000 247 (interpreters available).